Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Monique St. John, Handbags


Have Faith Denim Bag
Originally uploaded by msjcouture.
Welcome to MSJ Couture. I'm Monique St. John and I create personalized, one of a kind handbags and clutches. Many of my purses are created using vintage denim, one of my favorite materials. I chose denim because I'm a vegetarian and want to offer high-end fashionable purses for women who want something unique and environmentally responsible. I also love adding other luxurious fabrics like silks and velvets. Many of them are also finished off with hand-beading. You will find semi-precious and glass beads as well as Swarovski crystals, bringing a little sparkle to each beautiful design.


msjc2
I call this handbag Have Faith and originally designed it with Faith Hill in mind. She is one of my favorite singers. I had the honor of meeting her recently and was delighted to find her so very down to earth and beautiful. Seeing her live is a wonderful experience.

3 comments:

The Burning Hands said...

Monique, I've heard about your work from Charr. This is a fabulous handbag! Look forward to seeing more!
Debbie

Cori said...

Nice colors!

aprilenchanted said...

Nice work Monique! I'm a vegan and a costume designer in Denver. Saw your blog and thought I should say hello! I really like your bag design. Hope you will post more photos!

You can see some of my work at my website: www.aprilenchanted.com

Blessings, April Hoy